Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vegan 'Pseudo' Chicken Parmesan

This is an easy, inexpensive way to make chicken parmesan. It is also the reason that I love Boca chicken patties. Cook for two.

Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Tools: baking pan, saucepan

Ingredients:
2 Boca Chicken Patties
1/2 package of whole wheat or rice spaghetti noodles
Jar of spaghetti sauce

Directions: Follow the cooking instructions on the pasta and Boca chicken patty box. When pasta is done, rinse pasta and the pan it was in. Place pasta back into pan. Turn stove onto medium and add sauce to the pasta.  I use just enough sauce to coat pasta. Separate pasta onto plates. In saucepan, heat more spaghetti sauce. When Boca chicken patties are done slice the patties. Top pasta with Boca chicken patty. Place sauce onto top of Boca chicken patty, amount used is to your liking.

Note: You can get "Boca" Chicken Patties in the health food freezer section of most grocery stores (I get mine at Kroger and/or Food Lion. I recommend "Newman's Own" Sockarooni spaghetti sauce, as I find it to not be as sweet as other sauces. You can use vegan cheese on this but I try to keep processed food to a minimum in my cooking. Bread and/or a salad are a good compliment to this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment