Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes

Since the first weekend I became vegan I have been trying to come up with a recipe for buckwheat pancakes. 8 months later I finally made a buckwheat pancake that wasn't flat, hard as a brick or grainy. I tested them out on my boyfriend, as he hates just about everything, and he likes these so they passed the test and now I am posting them.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Tools: Plate, fry pan, spatula, mixing spoon, medium mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons.

Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 c buckwheat
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 c almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
4 tsp vegetable oil

Directions: Set oven to lowest temp. Mix together all dry ingredients, add in the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Heat frying pan on medium heat. Add vegan butter or oil to pan. Cook each pancake approximately 2 minutes on each side. Add oil or butter as needed between each pancake. Place each pancake on a plate in the oven to keep them warm as you cook the batch.

Note: I use Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour when I bake, as I try and stay away from all bleached flours. Due to the use of this flour, these pancakes are gluten free. Now all you have to do is heat up a side of Organic Maple Syrup to finish the meal off (although, they taste good without it too).  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment